SBIFF’s Film Studies Program is a three-day symposium open to all undergraduate students from around the United States. The program emphasizes film appreciation, criticism, and analysis. Led by SBIFF sanctioned film educators, participating students experience a packed program with access to SBIFF’s many events and opportunities, including:
- The opportunity to view some of the 250+ films with priority access.
- Attend the highly acclaimed Panel Series, where notable industry professionals come together for discussions spanning directing, producing, writing and women in the business.
- Hear guest filmmakers participate in intimate Q&A sessions.
- Partake in private sessions with filmmakers and national media professionals in a classroom environment.
- Experience the red carpet at one of SBIFF’s Tribute Events – an hour and a half of raw conversation about the honoree’s career.
The Film Studies program offers a unique mix of guided and self-guided opportunities, allowing students to maximize their experience at the festival, while still pursuing their individual interests.
The 2024 Program Dates are February 10th-12th, 2024.
Students accepted into the program are expected to arrive in Santa Barbara on Thursday, February 8th and depart on Monday, February 12th.
All accepted students from OUTSIDE Santa Barbara County will receive complimentary:
– Priority Festival access
– Overnight accommodations Thursday through Sunday
– $500 travel stipend
To Apply, you must submit the following no later than October 16th, 2023:
– Statement of Intent
– Unofficial Transcript
Program applications are due Monday, October 16th, 2023.
Apply here: https://sbiff.wufoo.com/forms/mig9b4m0jw9mg2/
About SBIFF's Film Studies Program: https://sbiff.org/education/film-studies-program/