B-Room Costume Use Procedures For Mask Club and Student Films
- Make an appointment with the B-room supervisor: A sign-up sheet is posted on the B-room door (HFAC D-111). Due to the B-room supervisor’s schedule, only appointments made at least 24 hours in advance can be guaranteed.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment in HFAC D-111. Bring with you:
- Picture research showing the types of costumes you need.
- A completed cast measurement sheet.
- A $10.00 deposit and student ID number are required.
- Complete a “B-room Access Costume Agreement” and check out your costumes.
- Storage closets will be assigned in the B-room facility for costume storage. Costumes may not be taken out of the building or stored in personal lockers. Do not store props with costumes. Film projects that would like to take costume pieces off campus must first receive permission from the Costume Shop Manger. The Shop Manager can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A limited number of B-room hairpieces and wigs are available. It will not be possible to use costumes, wigs or hair from the A-room supply.
- Make an appointment to return the costumes the day after your performance. There is a late fee of $2.00 per costume item.
- Any costume that is altered by the borrower must be returned to its original state before return. Any trim or decoration added to the costume by the borrower must be removed before return.
- In the case of loss or damage to any costume, the borrower must repair or replace the item before return, or be billed for the cost to repair or replace the costume.
- A sewing machine, iron, ironing board and other costume classroom (C-195) equipment are available for use by appointment with the B-room supervisor.
- A costume rack and dressing screen are available for backstage use during productions. These should be kept backstage during performances. Halls must be kept clear at all times. The rack is stored in B-room after every performance.
- Dressing rooms and a makeup station are available in the B-room facility. All rooms must be kept neat and clean. Please do not use the Margetts dressing rooms and bathrooms as makeup and dressing rooms.
- Compliance with the above procedures will be evaluated by the B-room supervisor before the return of the $10.00 deposit.
B-Room Non-TMA Department Access
TMA has made its B-Room costume stock available to BYU Departments other than TMA under the following conditions:
- Classroom or Class Project use only
- Approval of Department Chair
- $25 use fee per costume to cover labor and maintenance
- An approved departmental account billing number or CPO
- Completion of a “B-room Access Costume Agreement” by a department representative.
- Wigs and hairpieces
- Accessories (headwear, footwear, jewelry, etc.)
- No personal checks or cash
- No costumes for personal use either by students or faculty
Access to TMA Prop Resources
Any approved VA, Music, or TMA course has access to the prop room. Contact the Prop Shop at 2-5330 or Jennifer Reed at 2-8145, email@example.com