We are looking to hire ASAP and this Temporary Summer Employment role will last through August 25th. Full job description and application can be found at: https://apply.workable.com/kiln/j/965CBBA008/
The primary objective of this role is to design and experiment with new technology that can be used within our meeting rooms and event spaces. Kiln believes that it should never build another ‘meeting room’ or ‘theater’ but rather we should build ‘micro film studios’ where meetings occur and ‘TV sets’ (vs. theaters) where both in-person and virtual events can occur with high fidelity. This would be a highly creative role and we are seeking a student or technical individual who would like to apply their media arts skills to the ‘workplace’ setting. The role would work directly with the top talent at Kiln and may travel a bit to our locations under construction.
Key activities will include:
- Researching, conceptualizing, prototyping and designing new AV solutions for meeting rooms and event spaces within Kiln.
- Assist in the setup and operation of audiovisual equipment for events presentations and meetings including microphones, soundboards, and video monitors
- Troubleshooting audiovisual equipment issues and resolving them in a timely manner
- Collaborating with our build team to plan and execute audiovisual setups that meet the specific needs of each space and or event.
- Assisting in the installation and configuration of audiovisual systems, including projectors, screens, speakers, and microphones
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to audiovisual equipment setup, usage and troubleshooting procedures
- Learning about the latest audiovisual technologies and recommending improvements to existing systems and processes
- Media arts, film, or theatrical technical experience.
- Partial completion of a college degree preferred.
- A basic understanding of lighting design
- Familiarity with soundboards, microphones, video tools, and related equipment
- Highly creative with an adaptive out-of-the-box mindset
- Self-directed, ownership mentality with a high standard of excellence
- Humble, eager and willing to help and learn
- Passion for technology and entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for Kiln’s mission and values