Culver City, California, United States of America Warner Bros. Discovery Job TypeFull time Job IdR000062760
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2023
We have multiple Production & Post-Production internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the LA/Burbank area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- HBO Production & Post
- WBTV Post-Production
Duties could include:
- Provide support to Producers on projects
- Assist in the delivery of final pieces
- Work with Production Assistants on maintaining Talent and Research databases
- Take time code during shoots
- Support the Director, Producer, and Talent on shoots
- Assist producers in organizing media using editing software such as Avid Media Composer
- Shadow producers in creative meetings
- Write, edit, and produce promotional video assets
- Break down scripts and programs to help facilitate post production processes
- Bring their knowledge of film/television and pop culture, and organizational and administrative skills to our teams
- Interested in pursuing a career within production, post-production, or other related fields
- Cover letter required. Please combine resume and cover letter into one PDF when submitting
- Should be able to commit to 10 weeks of the internship and be able to work 40 hours per week
- Should be self-motivated, have the ability to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
- Pursuit of a college degree in Film/TV, Production, or a related major
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office required
- Passion for the entertainment industry
- Outstanding time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
- Interest in production or post-production
- Previous experience working on student films preferred, but not required
- Previous film/tv editing experience preferred, but not required
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $25 per hour USD for graduate level interns
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…