Register using Envelopes
If you are having difficulty adding TMA 185 & TMA 105 to your schedule, please note that you must use envelopes for these classes. Envelopes are a way to register for certain classes that require a companion class - in this case, TMA 105 and TMA 185 MUST be registered together. Please follow the instructions below.
- Go to your my.byu.edu page and login.
- Under the “School” tab, you should have an icon for “MyMap”. Click on that. A new window should open with your picture and contact information on the left.
- Across the top you’ll see “Student Summary” “Progress Report” and “Register”. Click on “Register".
- On this new page, scroll down until, in the blue bar with white letters, you see the semester for which you are trying to register.
- You should see any classes you’ve already registered for, probably in your cart.
- You’ll also see a blue button with “Add a Class” in white letters, and to the right of that, a grey button with “Add an Envelope” in white letters. Click “Add an Envelope” for the correct semester.
- On the next page, you’ll see a dropdown that says “Select Envelope Type”. Click that and choose “TMA” from the drop down.
- A new drop down will appear that reads “Select Envelope Category”. Click that and the only option there should be TMA 185 & 105. Select that and a new window will appear.
- At this new window, you’ll see the two available options. Select which envelope will be best for you by clicking on the cart icon at the left, or the “C”.
- A pop-up will appear that reads “Save to Cart”. If you don’t see the pop-up, make sure you have pop-ups enabled in your browser. If you’re happy with the envelope you’ve selected, click “Save to Cart” otherwise you can cancel. This should add your envelope to your cart.