AUDITIONS: May 20th, 2023
Show Dates: July 14-July 24
Liahona Theater for the Community
Audition times & Location
Liahona Preparatory Academy
2464 W 450 S, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
Saturday, May 20 9:00am-12:00pm Boys & Girls (8-12)
Saturday, May 20 12:30am-4:00pm Teens/ Adults (13 and up)
Plan on spending two hours to complete the audition process. We need all ages, from 8 to 88!
(Please contact Laura Snyder in advance at 801-404-0736 if you need to come at a time other than outlined above.)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- SINGING-Please be prepared to sing 16 measures of an upbeat Broadway Musical. (Nothing from Wicked or Hairspray PLEASE!) Bring your music on an electronic device. No accompanists will be provided. If you have someone to play for you, we do have a piano available.
- DANCING-Also, be prepared to learn dance steps by wearing appropriate footwear. (No flip-flops or sandals.) You will be asked to perform the dance steps taught during auditions.
- ACTING- Some of you may be asked to read lines and do some improvisation. (Presenting a 1 minute monologue is optional at callbacks only.)
- SPECIAL SKILLS- If you have special skills such as gymnastics or acrobatics, please let us know at auditions. We would love to see these special talents!
- CALL BACKS- The Callback list will be posted Monday, May 22 on our website at alpinecommunitytheater.org. Callbacks will be held May 23-25. Not every role needs a callback, so please remember to check the Final Cast List even if you didn’t get called back.
- FINAL CAST LIST POSTED- The final cast list will be posted on our website on Saturday, May 27 after 7:00pm. Please check this list even if you did not get a callback!
- MANDATORY Parent/Cast/staff Meeting: If you or your child is cast in this musical you must attend this meeting with your child on TUESDAY, JUNE 2nd at the Liahona from 6:30pm-8:30-pm. (Leads will stay for a read thru until 10:00pm.)
We need your help!
We need Enthusiastic, Energetic, Community Minded, Volunteers to help as: Stage Managers, Stage Crew, Costume Designers, Seamstresses, Music Directors, Sound and Lighting Specialists, Choreographers, Hair & Make-up Specialists, Set Construction, Set Artists, Set Dressers, Secretaries, Audition Coordinators, Rehearsal Supervisors, Ticketing, Publicity, Fundraising and much more!
For more information contact Laura Snyder at 801-404-0736 or visit our website at: www.AlpineCommunityTheater.org
*ACT Summer Camps- Register Online- AlpineCommunityTheater.org