Dennis Wright holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Brigham Young University in Clothing & Textiles with a minor in Theatre Arts. He also holds a Master of Fine Arts degree from Boston University in Theatrical Costume Design. Dennis has designed costumes for productions at Pioneer Theater Company, Jackson Hole Playhouse, American Reparatory Theatre, The Barn Theater, The Scera Shell, Signature Productions of Las Vegas, Hale Center Theater Orem, and Hale Centre Theatre in Sandy.
Dennis spent 10 years as a costumer, costume designer, and project manager with Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. While there he designed character costumes, attraction uniforms, and contributed to multiple live stage productions. He also managed uniform production for several large-scale Disney resorts.
Dennis has been a member of the Costume Society of America since 20 and currently serves as the chair of the awards committee for their yearly costume design award.
Dennis worked for Sanford-Brown College (formerly IADT) for 11 years, starting as an adjunct instructor at the Orlando campus in 2005. After becoming a full-time instructor, he moved to the Las Vegas campus in 2009. He became Department Chair in 2013 overseeing programs in Fashion Design & Merchandising, Game Production, and Graphic Design. In 2014 Dennis was awarded Career Education Corporation’s Educator of the Year.
Teaching InterestsCostume History, Costume Design, Costume Crafts, Rendering, Design Studio, Design Practicum, Portfolio Presentation
- Master of Fine Arts, Costume Design , Boston University (1998)
- Bachelor of Science, Clothing & Textiles , Theatre, Brigham Young University (1992)
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Costume Design - Nomination, Las Vegas Valley Theatre Awards (2016 - 2016)
- Educator of the Year, Career Education Corporation (2014 - 2014)
- USITT- United States Institute for Theatre Technology (2019 - Present)
- Costume Society of America (2012 - Present)
- Member, Mormon Arts Foundation (2017 - Present)
- Committee/Council Chair, Costume Society of America (2017 - Present)
- Publications-outreach, Costume Society of America (2018 - 2018)
- Committee/Council Member, Costume Society of America (2014 - 2017)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Utah Valley University Theatre Department (2016 - 2016)